Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Thursday 8 December 2016

My experience at 10 Downing Street. | TeamEllie

There is a lot of things I thought I would experience in my life such as Sky diving, meeting a celebrity and going to America. But I would have never thought I would get the honour to visit 10 Downing Street and meet the Prime Minister! I remember receiving the invitation and thinking "Is this real?". It was a great evening with amazing people and an amazing charity.

Approaching the 10 Downing Street door was an iconic moment for me because it seemed so unreal. It has always been something I have seen on TV, never would I have dreamed of being so close to the real thing. Entering 10 Downing Street immersed me into a hallway of grand chandeliers, beautifully painted ceilings, and walls filled with magnificent portraits of previous Prime ministers. Me and mum had to put our phones into a cabinet (No photography allowed in 10 Downing street) and we got our coats taken away. The service was great!

We entered a marvellous room filled with people mingling. It was quite overwhelming at first because I didn't know where to go or who to talk to. Through the crowd I spotted a young girl, I was happy there was another child too, so me and mum went over to them. This young girl, Kayla, was in fact the girl who appeared in the same Sarcoma Uk magazine as me and we had the same cancer too. We got on so well and hung out together for the rest of the evening. The atmosphere was great. We were looked after well with constant refills of drinks, and served with loads of different canapés - all of which me and mum couldn't eat because they contained meat! 

Halfway through the evening The Prime Minister, Theresa May, made her appearance! Me and Kayla were only a foot away from her! Firstly, an executive from Sarcoma Uk made a fantastic speech explaining the work 10 Downing Street have done for them. Secondly, Theresa May delivered her speech, she was a lot different to what I thought. She was very well-spoken and even added a bit of humour into her speech - I thought all politicians were supposed to be boring! It was a very so real moment. After Theresa finished her speech me, mum, Kayla and Kayla's dad got to have a picture with her. We told her that we were both suffering from childhood sarcomas. I really wanted to say my request to Theresa May to increase childhood cancer funding, but unfortunately I couldn't because soon enough she was whisked away by other people.



Theresa May wasn't there for long, but it was an unforgettable experience. Me and Kayla explored into other rooms and even sat on the same sofa that Obama once sat, and we did a handshake where the handshakes between political leaders happen. There was a room which had big portraits of Queen Elizabeth. There was also a room with a central table surrounded by cabinets of old books, and on the table was a phone, me and Kayla were tempted to give our friends a surprise when they got a call from 10 Downing Street, but we decided against it because we probably would get a big telling off!











The party came to an end and we went and got our things ready to go home. On the way out we saw 10 Downing Street's house cat called Larry, he was so cute and me and Kayla got to stroke him! When we got out, we took some photos outside the iconic 10 Downing Street door. It was a fabulous night and was definitely an experience of a lifetime!

To finish off this blog post I want to say a massive thank you to the charity Sarcoma Uk for inviting me, it was such an honour. Sarcoma Uk deserves all of this so much because they are an amazing charity which aims to change the prospect of survival for sarcoma patients. Sarcoma Uk helped me tremendously to deal with my Sarcoma.

This night was definitely a tick off the bucket list!
Thank you for reading.
Love Ellie xxx

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete