Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Christmas 2015

I just want to start off by apologising for this post being so late, unfortunately I wasn't able to post this yesterday as I was having computer difficulties. Who else thinks about how outrageously fast christmas ends? There's such a lead up, then you have christmas day and then it's just ends. It's rather sad really, don't you think? It seems to be that all the christmas spirit has just gone, therefore it's my mission to give you a final bit of christmas spirit with this post. CHRISTMAS ISN'T OVER YET!

As always I woke up first in my household at 9:00am, which is actually quite late for my family on any day but especially christmas day! In previous years I would wake up and usually I wouldn't be able to contain my excitement that it was Christmas day at last, however this year it felt like any other day, I'm not sure if I reacted this way because I am getting older or the fact that there was hardly any christmas spirit. You can't be excited for christmas without any christmas spirit, right? In the morning we go downstairs and open our presents straight away. I can't even explain how grateful I am for all the presents I received this year, my favourite present is the present i am using to write this blog with... A MACBOOK PRO! This was not on my christmas list at all, i was so shocked when i got it, i even cried-with joy of course! These are a few pictures of presents I got this year.


After an enjoyable morning opening presents, my family arrived! It was nice to be able to sit and relax, usually on christmas we have to travel an hour to my nan's house but due to me being ill they came to us! It was very manic, there was a total of 18 people in my house. The adults chatted whilst indulging red wine and the kids ran around the house making so much mess, they reminded me of Taz from the looney tunes! We ate a gorgeous christmas diner, I really don't know how my nan & mum coped cooking for 18 people, they were real heroes in the kitchen!


My first christmas having cancer was really good, and like any other, however being ill does pay it's price and sadly my christmas quickly ended when I had to go into hospital with a temperature. It was pretty disappointing as i was determined to be out of hospital this christmas, but luckily i managed to celebrate most of christmas day. The christmas spirit basically ended for me when i got into hospital, but somehow Hospital santa knew i was going to be coming in late on christmas day and saved me a sack of presents! The presents definitely cheered me up but spending boxing day in hospital sucked, so I resorted myself to the online boxing day sales. When you are in hospital a bit of retail therapy definitely cheers you up! 

I hope you had a great christmas, and I hope i achieved my mission of giving you a final bit of christmas spirit. 
Thank you for reading. x

5 comments: