Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Sunday 21 January 2018

Coming to terms with infertility. | LifeAfterCancer

My life was all planned out. My future ventures and aspirations were drawn into my brain like a map, with everything leading to the right place: first stop university, then my ambition to be a successful business woman, next finding my dream partner and home, and all these places led to the final destination of a family. Ever since I was young, I had always dreamt about being a mum, it seemed like the most magnificent job in the world. Unfortunately, not everything goes in the right direction...

CRASH LANDING - BE AWARE THAT YOUR FUTURE PLANS MAY BE IN JEOPARDY!

My future life disposed right in front of me - in just a matter of seconds - like a map left out in the rain. The directions of my life became all muddled up, making my future destinations feel out of reach. Lost and disorientated, it felt like my life had been put on hold. I had no where to go. My life was frozen into the unknown.  

Cancer,
the beast that lurks in the dark and shields itself into the unknown, 
slowly torturing its unknowing victim, 
until the lights are on and all is known. 

At just 14 years old, I was told that the lump that was growing in my bottom, for the best part of 6 months, was cancer. It was the biggest shock of my life. All of the signs were there right in front of me, but I was still clueless none the less. Immediately, I began a harsh regime of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. My hair was stripped from my pores, agonising burns invaded my mouth, fatigue took over my whole body, and the nausea was nearly unbearable. Thinking about the future made me feel  numb, because I knew that the possibility of a future was slim. 18 months later, when I finally entered remission, I began to ask questions. My new lease of life made me feel ready to tackle anything, so it was time for me to ask the most important question of all - am I infertile?

I knew from the beginning that there was a slim chance of fertility. After all, my radiographers liked to explicitly tell me over and over again that the radiation would cause damage to my reproductive system, but it doesn't hurt to ask again - right? The conversation went like this:
"Out of a scale of 1 to 10, how fertile am I?" It felt like I couldn't get the words out of me quick enough. 
Silence.
"Zero." My consultant blankly replies.

I wasn't upset, I think that time will come when I am older. For now, I am perfectly happy with the prospect of adopting, in a way it makes me feel better that I can give a child a home and love. Plus, my oncology ward was directly opposite a maternity unit, the frequent wails and screams of women in labour still haunt me to this day - it was enough to put anybody off for life! 

Coming to terms with infertility is tough, because it feels like a burden that you will carry with you for the rest of your life, but you have just got to learn to live with it. We are lucky that we are living in an era of medical revolutions; new fertility treatments are making way each day, it's just your turn to be brave and go for it. Don't let infertility hold you down, it doesn't make you any less of a woman, it is just what you had to do to survive. Stay strong and fight through the obstacles.

Just remember that life doesn't have to stick to one road, changing direction can be scary, but who says that going on a detour is all that bad? 

Love, 
Ellie xxx

14 comments:

  1. I want to me this fantastic young lady more than anyone else in the world. She inspired me to donate blood platelets twice a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a tremendous donation to give, I am so glad. Ellie x

      Delete
    2. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are such an inspiration!!!!!!!! Ok I have Leukaemia, I was diagnosed in 2015 and I’m still in treatment but it’s almost over (12 of may) I turn 15 on may 14 !!!!!! But anyway my entire treatment I have seen your account and you are one of the people that inspired me in my treatment (sorry if you don’t understand something, English is not may first language)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am glad to hear that you are finishing treatment soon. I wish you all the best for the future - stay strong. :)
      Thank you very much for this kind message. x

      Delete
  4. I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but it way too cost, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Dr.AGBAZARA TEMPLE, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i got pregnant.l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact and be happy like me as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or Call/WhatsApp +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ellie,
    Loving the blog!! You and I are in a similar situation and your current situation is also mine. I am 19 now and had treatment when I was 18 years old. Lots of chemo and radiotherapy. In August 2017 I was officially in remission and lost my periods! Shock horror!! It’s only now in March 2018 that they are suspicious of premature ovarian failure. I also have been having INTENSE bone pain and hot flashes and of course the lack of periods. I am yet to have a gynaecologist appointment in which I will hopefully be prescribed my hormone therapy.
    Just wanted to say thanks for this post and blog because you deal with things so well!
    Congrats on remission and keep going xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you!
      I am sorry to hear that. I also had similar symptoms to yours: bone pain, hot flashes and lack of periods. The doctors have diagnosed me with ovarian failure and I now take oestrogen supplements. Stay strong; it is tough but you can do this.
      I talk in more detail about my journey with infertility in my youtube video: https://youtu.be/bCXV6vZgZzk
      Congrats on remission. xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply!
      This might be tmi but with the estrogen are you having progesterone alongside it?
      Also did your periods come back? xxx
      Sorry for tmi but I have my gynae appointment on 27th sept at Chelsea and west minister and I’m so nervous ��

      Delete
  6. HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER BACK WITH THE HELP OF A REAL AND GENUINE LOVE SPELL CASTER DR PETER. CONTACT ON WHATSAPP +1(321)754-0649

    Good day ladies and gentle men, MY NAME IS AMAYA NYCOLE from UNITED STATE i want to give thanks to the great Dr Peter for bringing back my lover in a twinkle of an eye after been deceived by so many fake spell casters  online who claim to be spell casters. But with the help of Dr Peter my prayers came through by him bringing back my ex lover to me within 24 hours which other spell casters could not do. I want to say a big thank you to Dr Peter for bringing back my happiness to me and if there is anybody who is in need of help i will advice you to contact Dr Peter for help as soon as possible because he will surely restore your lost joy.CONTACT THIS GREAT DR PETER TODAY FOR ANY KIND OF PROBLEM SOLUTION AND GET YOUR PROBELEM SOLVED 1OO% GUARANTEED AND ASSURED THANK YOU DR PETER. His private email:  MAGNIFICENTSPELLCAST@GMAIL.COM
    MAGNIFICENTSPELLCAST@YAHOO.COM
     CALL/WHATSAPP +1(321)754-0649 
    my youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV04v3z2GA0 
    His websites: http://MAGNIFICENTSPELLCAST.WEBSITE2.ME 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to let the world know about Doctor Padman the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost, I got my love back and saved my marriage… I was married for 3years with 1kid and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and argued almost every time… it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me because I love him so much and don’t want to lose him but everything just didn’t work out… he moved out of the house because it was a rented apartment and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did special prayers and used his power… Within 4 days my husband called me and he said he was sorry for all the emotional pains he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily and our son is happy too and we are expecting our second child… (padmanlovespell@yahoo.com) I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news… Just thought I should share my experience because I strongly believe someone out there need’s it… You can email him through his email.padmanlovespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life! Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Osasu for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 2months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr Osasu, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced me to Dr Osasu a true Spell Caster. In less than 24 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. Osasu for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. email: Drosasu25@gmail.com WhatsApp Number: +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete