Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Sunday 7 August 2016

Feeling stressed out...

At the moment I am in a positive place with my treatment. I'm doing fine. So now my attention is directed to everything else that isn't fine. I feel like I have the whole world on my shoulders. I am stressing about my mum, as she is constantly in pain and the doctors aren't sure why. I get stressed out when my parents argue. I get stressed about the future. I get stressed out about the things I can't control.
 Some of you may know that ever since I have been in cancer treatment, I have become a bit of a control freak, so things that I can't control really worry me: My mum's illness, relapse, being passenger in a car, etc.
I guess it is all just taking its toll on me, I woke up this morning from a terrible nightmare that my mum's pain was caused by a cancerous tumour. It really upset me, and my mum being in pain is scary as I constantly think of worst case scenarios, because the worst case scenario happened to me.
I am stressing because I want everything to be fine, but I need to learn that not everything can be fine all the time.
For now, I am just going to try and not let everything get to me, and start focusing a bit more on me. I will still worry and stress, but I hope I can work my way through it, like I did with my anxiety. Hopefully I can see my therapist soon, so she can help me through it.

Thank you everyone for reading this post, I really just wanted to get my feelings out to you guys. Hopefully soon I can say I conquered stress, like I did with my anxiety, and help any of you guys who are dealing with stress too.

Ellie xxx

2 comments:

  1. hi Ellie. my name is "Parisa" which is a persian name. I'm a med student. I don't have cancer but I deal with people who have cancer time to time. I am soooo happy that you're doing good with your treatment.
    and about your stress.we're kinda on the same journey here. I am a stressfull person too and even some of the reasons are the same.
    I've been on therapy lately and feeling a little better.
    I know how horribly annoying stress could be.for me talking to my therapist worked better than any drugs cause I needed to get my feelings out so badly but the problem was I wasn't able to open up to any body. my doctor worked on me about six month till I finally got comfortable enough to open up to him and now not only I feel better but also my doctor finally started on treating me which is really good. I'm so glad that you shared your feelings with us. it's gonna help a lot. and I hope you could go and see your therapist as soon as possible. I may not be good at sharing my feelings with others but I am a great listener. so I'm here for you sweety
    p.s: I hope your mum gets well.
    from your friend over the seas ;)

    ReplyDelete