Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Sunday 26 June 2016

My cancer survivor party!

Don't think of a survivor as someone who wins their battle, but as someone who fights for their life and thrives to survive. I wanted to do this party to honour those who have sadly lost their battle with cancer, and to celebrate the HELL I have been through these past several months. Fortunately for me I have won my battle, but I also wanted to honour the survivors who have lost their battle.



Firstly I got my makeup done, it is the first ever time I have worn a full face of makeup in my life! The makeup was beautiful, but I would never have the patience to do that myself- I think I will stick to all natural.
We drove to the party in style, a very posh limo, it was so fun! I arrived to the party with a red carpet entrance (awesome surprise!), and with my beautiful dress (it was white and gold to represent the childhood cancer ribbon) I was definitely red carpet ready. My reception was outstanding, so many people came to support me and I was stunned. It was great to see all my school friends again, and relatives who live far away.
I did a speech, it was my third speech of the week, so I think I do the whole public speaking thing well by now. I spoke about what a survivor was to me, and thanked everyone, but typical me had a mental block whilst thanking people- there was too many people to thank!!!
Unfortunately, I had to take my dress off after the speech as it was quite scratchy, and was irritating the port tube in my neck. It reminds me of when I got changed into a football kit at my parent's wedding, I was a huge tom boy so that was the deal for wearing a dress!
Overall, the party was one of the best nights of my life, it was as big as my wedding will be! I want to thank everyone that came. Especially Nancy, Levi and chelsea- Nancy has the same cancer as me and she really rocked the dance floor with her moves, Levi is 6 and is a lung cancer survivor and he is super cool, and Chelsea sadly passed away from neuroblastoma but I am certain she was there to support me. Also, I want to thank TeamEllie for making this night possible, and always supporting me. Most importantly, I want to thank my whole family for sticking with me this whole journey, I couldn't of done it without them! <3

Thanks to the best night of my life!
Lots of love,
Ellie xxx








1 comment:

  1. Amazingly written once again!!!!
    I love you so much darling and you continue to surprise me every day with how brave and inspirational you are!!!!
    I love you more than I could ever express in words!!!!!xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete