Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Saturday 26 March 2016

I made it!!!

If you have been following my social media accounts you would know that I have recently completed all 9 of my Intensive chemotherapies and 28 sessions of Radiotherapy! Crazy right? It only seems like yesterday that I started my first ever intensive chemotherapy. The intensive chemotherapy is by far the hardest thing I've had to go through physically and mentally, it would wreck my body and my mind would be depressed. However, in a situation like this all you can do is fight, giving up may seem the easy option but we fight and show cancer that it won't defeat us!
Incase you were wondering my last intensive chemotherapy went very well, for the radiotherapy we dropped one of my chemotherapy drugs called Actinomycin D and that made all the difference. I didn't even really feel like I was having chemotherapy- I was able to eat which I never do on chemotherapy and I barely got any nausea! The side effects of Radiotherapy combined with chemotherapy was quite hard, but due to me feeling much better on chemotherapy I wasn't too worn out.
(Sorry if the video doesn't work, I've had a few problems uploading it)



As for Radiotherapy that was really tough! The first three weeks were pretty easy, but then the side effects really kicked in. I was extremely tired all the time, I lost my appetite and my skin was red and sore. Overall, it was much harder than I thought but I did enjoy going to radiotherapy as I was the centre of attention- for most of the five and a half weeks I was the only child there and the old people liked to fuss over me, I will miss them dearly. I will also miss the receptionists, they were so nice and always great to have a chat with. One of the biggest things I took from this experience was TATTOOS, for all of my life I have been adamant that I wouldn't ever get a tattoo but now I have 3 tiny tattooed dots, now I can confidently say that I was the first person to get a tattoo in my school year! Even though I've had a hard time with side effects, it was an amazing experience but I do enjoy chilling at home a million times more.









IT WAS TOUGH BUT I WAS TOUGHER!!!

Ellie xxx

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully put as always ❤️
    Love you.Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your an inspiration to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ellie. Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so amazing. Just amazing. Everyone comments on how beautiful you are and I know they mean inside and out but I'm just taken aback by your candid honesty and your fearlessness to share how you really feel- your fears, your setbacks, your depression and triumphs... It's so remarkable and refreshing to see and hear such an impressive young woman admit to being human and vulnerable and... You're just so beyond most adults I even know, haha, and I cannot thank you enough for making the *choice* to share your journey, your battle and your LIFE with us. I'm a US Army war veteran and you've got more guts than me, chick. Keep on rockin in the free world. I've never met you, but I love you, and I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done; you are a fierce fighter!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to give a quick advise to any one out there that is having difficulty in his or her relationship to contact Dr.Agbazara because he is the only one that is capable to bring back broken relationship or broken marriages within time limit of 48 hours. You can contact Dr.Agbazara by calling him on his mobile +2348104102662 or write him through his email at ( agbazara@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete