Team Ellie

Team Ellie

Monday 25 January 2016

Everything's looking up.

In September my scans showed a massive beast taking over my whole pelvis and the top of my leg, but today I can gladly announce that I'M CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!
This news is so much better than I expected. I'm ecstatic! It's as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, just to know that I'm beating cancer so well is extremely reassuring. It gives you the strength & motivation to fight the rest of the way.
To celebrate the good news me & my family went out for a meal. I really couldn't have done any of this without my family, they are the ones who have supported me the whole way and I love them to bits.


I'm itching to tell you my other goods news too. Today, I had my radiation planning appointment which went outstandingly, except for the fact that I threw up all over the floor-typical me! I was quite apprehensive actually, as a few months back when we had a radiation appointment I burst into tears as they overwhelmed me with the never-ending list of side-effects. Today couldn't have gone more perfectly, due to my outstanding scan results I am only getting 23 radiation sessions and on the lesser dosage! Originally, they didn't think I would of made as good progression as I have, therefore they were going to give me 25-28 radiation sessions on the higher dosage. It's such a relief to be getting the lesser radiotherapy as there isn't as many side effects.
The meeting consisted of a CT scan, a look at the radiotherapy room and getting a TATTOO! Most of you are probably thinking "What?????". It's true, I had to have 3 teeny tiny dots tattooed onto both hips and my lower stomach. I vowed to myself that I would never have a tattoo, and I used to always complain to my step-dad about his tattoos, but here I am now with 3 of them!

These past few days have been the best in a long time, I know now that everything's looking up. I am so proud of myself to have got to the position that I am today. 

Keep fighting and always stay strong.
Ellie x

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing and I'm with you every step of the way.
    I couldn't be prouder to call you my daughter 😘❤️😍!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Ellie, I used to go to school with your mums years ago and lived around the corner from her, I am so happy to hear your news!! And keep supporting Spurs ��

    ReplyDelete